pages

August 9, 2017

BOOK HAUL // Harry Potter Galore.

letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_harry_potter_hogwarts_short_stories_book_ cover_pottermore_jk_rowling_library_fantastic_beasts_and_where_to_find_them_newt_scamander_galore_london_united_kingdom_platform_9_3/4 
Heello, everybody!

So, this week has been stressful. I had a major exam on Saturday and I still have major exam left next Sunday, so I'm really sorry for the lack of posts. I know I could do a better job with time management and schedule posts in advance, but if you've been following me for some time you know I really struggle with time management. But, I'm here today and we're going to talk about one of my favorite things, Harry Potter. 

I'm a hardcore Harry Potter and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I grew up with this wizard, I went on almost all the premieres and I waited in line to buy most of the books. So, it might come as a shock to you that I'm yet to read the books I'm going to mention today. I've only decided to get them now because, if I'm being honest, I kinda forgot about them. I've been so busy lately and so stressed out with life that I haven't been keeping up with new releases or anything life, even though these are not new releases. 

What sparked this little haul was the Instagrams. I shouldn't follow bookstagram accounts because they make everything look so pretty and so cute and next thing I know I'm reaching for my Kindle and I'm buying all of these. Since three of them are short stories, they were not expensive at all, I think I paid $2.99 for each. The one from the Hogwarts Library collection were a little more expensive, but nothing major. Like I've mentioned, I'm gonna be super busy this week, but I'm already planning on reading all of these books the week after my exam and them doing a Harry Potter marathon.. Oh, the glory! All I want to do right now is sit in front on the TV and rewatch all of the movies! Anyway, for now, we're just going to enjoy the haul! 
harry potter_hermione_ron_weslay_ebooks_cheaper_letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_harry_potter_hogwarts_short_stories_book_ cover_pottermore_jk_rowling_library_fantastic_beasts_and_where_to_find_them_newt_scamander_galore
letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_harry_potter_hogwarts_short_stories_book_ cover_pottermore_jk_rowling_library_quidditch_through_agesletmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_harry_potter_hogwarts_short_stories_book_ cover_pottermore_jk_rowling_library_fantastic_beasts_and_where_to_find_them_newt_scamander
letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_harry_potter_hogwarts_short_stories_book_ cover_pottermore_jk_rowling_library 
Quidditch Through The Ages // I'm gonna be honest, I only got this one because it was part of the set. I'm not really excited about it, but I will read it. From the Harry Potter world, quidditch is one of the things I'm least curious about. I like it, I think it's incredibly creative and a great addition to the world, but it's just not my favorite thing. It's part of the collection and I'm sure I'll enjoy reading it, I'm just not super duper excited for it. 

Fantastic Beast And Where To Find Them // This is the one I'm most excited about. The movie blew my mind and I cannot wait for the next ones, I need more Harry Potter content asap. I didn't know to read the movie scrip, it's just not something I'm really into, but I think this one is going to be super fun. I'm really looking forward to learning more about the wizarding world and I know this is mostly about the animals, but you always little glimpses and snippets of the world and whatnot.

Tales Of Beedle The Bard // If you follow me on IG (actually, if you want to keep up with what I'm reading that's a good place to follow me), you know I've started reading this on Sunday, but I'm only 20 pages in. The 7th movie got me super curious about this book so I decided to start with it. The preface and the introduction are great, I think I'm really going to like this one! 

Short Stories From Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardships and Dangerous Hobbies // This is the only one I've already finished. It was only 71 pages long so I read it in one sitting and I loved it so so so much. From what I've read, I think these books are going to be kinda like an index with information about specific topics and characters from the Harry Potter series. It is so great that we have these short stories to support the other books and give us more content. I think it's fascinating how much creativity and how J.K. Rowling's mind works. She has thought about everything, she basically created a parallel world and it's incredibly fascinating. Every character has it's back story, friends, family and so much life that we have no idea about. I love it and I can't wait to read more!

Hogwarts - An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide // Hogwarts is by far my favorite part of the magical world. I remember the first time I saw the first movie, I was completely fascinated by the entire thing, specially the movie stairs. I can't wait to dive into this one because I feel like there's going to be a lot of new information.  

Short Stories From Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists // If this is anything like the first one, I'm sure I'll love it. Although I'm always down for more Harry Potter content, I like the fact that these books are all very short. The information is direct and to the point. I'd much prefer a lot of little short books, than a huge Harry Potter encyclopedia. 


I know I was on a book-buying ban, but I just couldn't resist it. I am stressed and I needed a little shopping therapy.. Hey, it's better than eating my feelings, right?! Although, sometimes I do that too (wouldn't recommend it, though). Anyway, let me know on the comments if you've read any of these books and what you think of them. Like I've said, I've only read one of them so far and I really really really like it, so I'm expecting great things from all of them now. And also, if you've been book shopping lately, let me know your more recent purchases and what you're currently reading, I'm always curious about this stuff. 

Are you a Harry Potter fan too?
Have you read any of these books?

Let's chat!

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...